Aural Rehabilitation in Elderly Populations
Auditory Rehabilitation for the Elderly
Many experience hearing loss as they age. It is important to understand this and help people who have hearing needs, wants and preferences in ways that are best suited for them.
It is important to remember when working with elderly populations that there is discrimination against elderly people and it is important to be aware of your own prejudices.
It is important to be aware of Elder Abuse and difficulties people of age encounter when living with family members or in nursing homes and to be sensitive to signs that they may be abused. This resource gives good information on signs and definitions of different kinds of abuse.
This resource gives questions to adults who may be hard of hearing to assess the level of difficulty their hearing loss may cause them without assistance.
- Elder abuse and neglect (ddear01.wordpress.com)
- Abuse of the Elderly is Pandemic (bellaciao.org)
- Nearly 200 cases a day of abuse of the elderly (express.co.uk)
- The Asian Culture and Elder Abuse (voicefortheelderly.wordpress.com)
- Japan pushing for low-cost nursing home robots to care for elderly (japandailypress.com)
- Nursing Homes Begin to Offer Shelter for Elder Abuse Victims (health.usnews.com)
- Elder abuse (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Together, But Alone – How Hearing Loss Affects The Elderly (tomfit247.com)
- Elder law task force to step up guidelines (triblive.com)
- Bills make it easier to prosecute elder abuse (enewscourier.com)